Avid Code R Disc Brake 2012
Code's little brother just got tougher. With an all new, forged dual-diameter, four-piston caliper, Code R
offers increased power without compromising control or feel. With a simplified design to make it a little easier
on the wallet, Code R maintains the Code family values of reliability, strength and ridiculously easy
here to see all products by Avid Brakes
- MatchMaker Compatible: Save weight and clutter on the bar with MatchMaker. This system holds AVID? levers,
a number of SRAM triggers and the RockShox PushLoc control-all with one tidy, light clamp.
- Tri-Align? Caliper Positioning System?: Another original Avid technology making your life better-there's
never been an easier brake to install and adjust.
- Top-loading Pads: When the only thing between you and the trail is bike maintenance, every second matters.
With Avid's top-loading pads, new disc-brake pads can be installed without taking off the wheel, working under
the caliper or doing any upside-down pad juggling.
- Tool-Free Reach Adjust: All the adjustability of our Reach Adjust without having to dig into your tools.
Bring your levers in or dial them out-a few turns are all it takes with Tool-Free Reach Adjust.
- TaperBore Technology?: The term "TaperBore" refers to a unique patent-pending closure system in Avid's
Elixir and Code levers. It saves weight, looks super-sleek, improves lever feedback and most importantly-gives
you more power and control.
- Power Reserve Geometry: At the end of the day, a brake lever simply multiples the force your hand generates
(just like the nut cracker). Avid's Power Reserve Geometry?represents a way of thinking about the physics of
leverage and your hand's comfort.
- Intergrated Reservoir: With TaperBore Technology? we've integrated the reservoir and master cylinder on our
hydraulic disc-brake levers to create a super-sleek (and even lighter) lever design.
- Deep Stroke Modulation?: There's a fine line between braking hard and braking so hard that you lose
traction. Deep Stroke Modulation allows riders to perfectly navigate that line and control even the most
powerful brakes with finesse.
- Bend Zone: We know that crashes happen, and that's why we created Bend Zone. During a powerful hit-one that
would break a normal lever-Bend Zone allows the lever to flex, saving the lever body from massive carnage.