Stan'z ZTR Flow 29er Disc Rim
If you want to build up a tubeless wheelset to your exact specifications, we can’t think of a better first step than using a Stan’s ZTR Flow Rim as the foundation.
Designed by the mad geniuses at Stan’s to optimize the many benefits of going tubeless, the design of the ZTR Flow Rim is nothing short of revolutionary.
The key design feature is something called Bead Socket Technology.
This is how Stan explains it:
- By eliminating the bead hook and lowering the sidewall by 2-3mm we reduce the weight of the rim. Some of this material can be used in the center part of the rim making it stronger and stiffer.
- The curve of the rim sidewall is the same shape as the bead of the tire so they fit together like a ball and socket joint. This design will help reduce the strain on the tire bead while creating a tighter seal.
- By lowering the sidewall of the rim we also reduce the mechanical leverage the tire has on the rim. This will make the rim stiffer and last longer by eliminating flexing that can cause cracking.
- With these short sidewalls the tire should not hit the rim and pinch flat as often as standard rims, either with or without tubes. This design will allow you to run lower pressures and use 4mm more of the tire than ever before. The tire will have larger air volume giving you better traction.
As you probably know, running a Stan’s tubeless system requires a bit of special set up. Because the ZTR Flow Rim is wider than normal, Stan’s has a couple tech notes we think you should be aware of.
- The ZTR Flow is fully compatible with the yellow tape and valve method for tubeless use. The Flow rim however uses a 25mm wide yellow tape as opposed to the 21mm tape used in the many of the other rims.
- Most riders elect to use the thin 5g yellow spoke tape and no rim strip. The tape and valve method creates a lighter wheelset and the rim design will allow you to run extremely low pressures with very little or no burping.
- Number of holes: 32
Intended use: All-mountain/Heavy duty trail riding.
This item is considered to be Large and/or Heavy.